Thank you for your interest in becoming part of the Or Adam family. We’re your Downtown congregation, conveniently located in the heart of Metro Phoenix on the AZ Jewish Historical Society campus (adjacent to Burton Bar Library and Margaret Hance Park). We offer free parking and easy access to the Light Rail.
We’ve just posted an article in our blog describing our new membership structure and the philsophy behind it. Becoming a member of Or Adam makes you a part of a congregational family working together to strengthen and celebrate our Jewish Identity. In addition contributions facilitate our ability to carry out our vital mission. Your commitment supports programs for the Oradam Humanistic Jewish Congregation, providing a meaningful option for cultural, secular and Humanistic Jews. When you become a member of Or Adam you are also automatically a member of SHJ nationally.
FAQ’s About Your Membership
Your membership supports our key programs and services including:
- Serving the social and community needs of individuals
- Shabbat and Holiday celebrations
- Creating and providing programs and resources for us to enjoy and find stimulating
- Monthly Havdalah (or Shabbat) Home Hospitality Pot-Luck Dinners
- Monthly Home Screened Movies and Documentaries
- Creating programs and resources for youth and teens students
- Providing a connection to Israel
- Training of professional Rabbinic and Madrikhim Leaders
- Connecting us with Humanistic Jews across North America and around the world through SHJ
- Continuity of Humanistic Judaism generation
As a Contributing Member you are basically only covering the SHJ affiliation cost of $92.75 that Or Adam forwards to the national SHJ organization. The congregation’s actual expense of each individual adult membership is $215 for the 2017-2018 year. The minimum requisite contribution recommended for membership is $100 per adult, or a Chai contribution in any multiple or amount.
Or Adam Congregation for Humanistic Judaism is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. Contributions are tax-deductible as provided by law.
The minimum requisite contribution recommended for membership is $100 per adult (21 or over), or a Chai contribution in any multiple or amount.
|Contribution Type||Amount Per Adult
|Double Chai Patron||$360|
|Triple Chai Sponsor||$540|
|Quadruple Chai Donor||$720|
|Multiple Chai Benefactor||$1080|
|Sponsor an Oneg Shabbat||$18|
|Sunlight School (per student)|