- Human beings possess the power and responsibility to shape their own lives independent of supernatural authority.
- A Jew is a person who identifies with the history, culture, and future of the Jewish people.
- Judaism is the historic culture of the Jewish people.
- Jewish history is a human saga, a testament to the significance of human power and responsibility.
- Jewish identity is best preserved in a free, pluralistic environment.
- Ethics and morality should serve human needs.
- The freedom and dignity of the Jewish people must go hand in hand with the freedom and dignity of every human being.